L e c t o r
- The scripture lessons will be provided to you via your church mailbox or in person at least one week prior to the Sunday you are serving as lector. We recommend that you read through the lessons before the service.
- Look up all names of people, cities, etc. for correct pronunciation. The church office has a guide, or check with the Pastor.
- When you arrive at church on Sunday morning, check the Order of Service in your bulletin before leaving your seat to go to the pulpit. Sometimes special music or a Children’s Sermon is inserted before the First Lesson or between the two lessons.
- Please read loudly and clearly.
- 8:45 Lectors: Please lead the Prayer of the Day found on the lesson insert.
Reading the lessons:
(The introduction paragraph is optional.)
“The First Lesson is from the _______________ Chapter of _______________.” (Read the lesson.) “Here ends the reading.” (Congregation responds: "Thanks be to God.")
“Please read the Psalm responsively with me."
(Read the Psalm – alternating with the congregation. You read first.)
(Alternately, you may step back and Pastor will lead the Psalm.)
“The Second Lesson is from the _______________ Chapter of _______________.” (Read the lesson.)
“Here ends the reading." (Wait for congregation response: "Thanks be to God.")
"Please stand for the Gospel" (Pastor reads the Gospel lesson.)